Introductions

Chat about video games, graphic design, whatever!
summers
FC-ID: HVC-MX
Pronouns: he/they

Hi, I'm Dan!
There's already another Dan! Always another Dan.
Hopefully this won't end up being too confusing, but I'm down to change usernames if it is.

I do music, writing and some dev, but I'm a webdev / designer for work.

My friend pointed me this way, but I don't think they've registered yet? I'm extremely into the idea of using forums in 2023. I haven't used a forum since I was editing Mega Man sprites.

Favorite piece of graphic design in a game is probably killer7's entire UI. It's not especially legible, but it goes crazy.
The target selection screen is especially cool.

Tags:
Fruitality
FC-ID: FMC-NMJ
Pronouns: he/him

You shall hereby and forever be known as The Other Dan.
malyzar
FC-ID: CAP-EH

Oh, man. I played Killer7 for the first time this year and looooved the visuals!
Dan
FC-ID: DFC-HE

dannn wrote: 10 May 2023, 10:08
There's already another Dan! Always another Dan.
There are so many Dans. There was a period at work where there were three Dans in the same org and we always appended last names to differentiate us.

I'm down to update usernames to differentiate us if needed :P
loadingui
FC-ID: SQF-FF

Hey, I'm Craig (or Bun, if you prefer nicknames)!

I guess I’m a designer, but at this point I’d much more consider myself a video artist and writer interested in design. I got my start on gimp and photoshop making forum signature graphics on a site called PokemonElite2000 a loooonggg time ago. For the most part, my design chops now are used to print myself shirts I think are funny.

I’m also the friend who recommended Dan(nn) here! Found out about this place through surfing cohost somehow.

There’s a lot of great graphic design in games but the first to pop in mind is probably all of Shooter Starfighter Sanvein on the PS1.

Excited to get to know y’all and be on a forum again!

Code: Select all

⋆˙⟡♡ wiimote silicone case cover fruit gummi ♡⟡˙⋆
andrewelmore
FC-ID: KON-RC821
Pronouns: he/him/his

loadingui wrote: 12 May 2023, 03:44 Hey, I'm Craig (or Bun, if you prefer nicknames)!

I guess I’m a designer, but at this point I’d much more consider myself a video artist and writer interested in design. I got my start on gimp and photoshop making forum signature graphics on a site called PokemonElite2000 a loooonggg time ago. For the most part, my design chops now are used to print myself shirts I think are funny.

I’m also the friend who recommended Dan(nn) here! Found out about this place through surfing cohost somehow.

There’s a lot of great graphic design in games but the first to pop in mind is probably all of Shooter Starfighter Sanvein on the PS1.

Excited to get to know y’all and be on a forum again!
Welcome!! You're among friends, this is a staunch Sanvein Defense Zone. That game has some of the best visual design work I've ever seen.
summers
FC-ID: HVC-MX
Pronouns: he/they

Who should I talk to change names?
I sent you a PM!
Fruitality
FC-ID: FMC-NMJ

summers wrote: 12 May 2023, 09:35
Who should I talk to change names?
I sent you a PM!
You shall hereby and forever be known as summers.
Kai
FC-ID: HAL-GAL
Pronouns: she/her

Hi Im Kai!
I live in Hamburg (Germany) and have been doing famicases since 2018 it seems.

Got into doing that because I saw this gamejam A Game by Its Cover (AGBIC) which helped me staying motivated to make a game at least once a year and where I help out with moderation e.g.. Its really fascinating to see some faces switching the side from the jam to famicase :lol: .

For my favorite piece of UI in a Video Game I would say the revolver (top left) you fire in Westerado that also shows you your lives/hats. It looks so sleak and fits so well.
andrewelmore
FC-ID: KON-RC821
Pronouns: he/him/his

Hey, welcome Kai!
prophet_goddess
FC-ID: VRE-E2
Pronouns: they/them

hey pals!

i'm cass (they/them), a game designer from los angeles. i make video games and youtube videos and a podcast about anime. i don't do a ton of graphic design work, but i'd kind of like that to change; programming for a living sucks. my favorite graphic design in a video game is probably the ps1 version of the silver case. the pc version is good too but that crunchy ps1typography... nothin like it. (also: that ASPECT RATIO. damn)
Screenshot 2023-07-16 131049.png
Screenshot 2023-07-16 131049.png (231.82 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
Skellingtor
FC-ID: NAM-RT-5500
Pronouns: He/him

i'm skellingtor/matt i signed up because i saw andrew post the link on twitter for the nth time and finally decided to sign up.

i'm currently working for a motorsport streaming website and i also do some video editing.

i think one of my favorite graphic designs in recent games is the neon white HUD. it's stylish, easily readable, and it doesn't get in the way so i enjoy looking at it.

malyzar
FC-ID: CAP-EH

Welcome, everybody!

Cass, I had never heard of The Silver Case! (Big fan of Killer7, but haven't looked into Suda51's other games.) What a find!

Also, Craig, I know this is way late, but I wanted to let you know that I am now 100% Starfighter Sanvein-pilled.
prophet_goddess
FC-ID: VRE-E2
Pronouns: they/them

malyzar wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 10:03 Cass, I had never heard of The Silver Case! (Big fan of Killer7, but haven't looked into Suda51's other games.) What a find!
oh man, you are in for a treat. the silver case is *not* as good as killer7, but it's real damn close. if you can read japanese, definitely also check out twilight syndrome and moonlight syndrome, horror games that suda directed while still at human entertainment.
ambersand
FC-ID: SUN-GMK-6200
Pronouns: she/it

hi! i'm amber! i've seen some posts on cohost abt here and thought "huh i should be on a forum" so i'll probably be lurking a lot here from now on

i usually do music but i like messing with whatever computers can do

since we're already on the topic of suda51 UIs, i gotta mention "flower, sun and rain", absolutely love the looks of that one