Now Playing - Music

Chat about video games, graphic design, whatever!
GhostSnacks
FC-ID: TCC-1D
Pronouns: He/Him

Tags:
breakfastcowl
FC-ID: HAL-AI

Back on Kukeiha Club (of 90's Konami fame) for a bit, specifically "Invisible Bridge"

Image ★ nothing! ★
Kacey
FC-ID: NULL-ID
Pronouns: she/her

I have been absolutely enamored with Frost Children lately.

malyzar
FC-ID: CAP-EH
Pronouns: he/him

It's mid-November which means it's time for me to listen to Stupidity Tries by Elliott Smith on loop:

There are a lot of great Elliott Smith songs, but I think this is my personal favorite.
breakfastcowl

Was looking over production info for that "PonPonPon" viral hit from about 12 years ago and started down a rabbit hole with its producer Yasutaka Nakata; specifically his works under the CAPSULE moniker. Albums like Cutie Cinema Replay and S.F. Sound Furniture all tie into that whole Katamari Damacy/Jet Set moment in time real nicely

Image ★ nothing! ★
breakfastcowl

Rooted around a record shop yesterday and found some Gordon Lightfoot albums for pretty cheap. I certainly have taken streaming for granted, realizing I never had anything from him in physical format. Apparently his albums are going up after the man's passing just this year. >:( Talking with the owner a little bit, both of us pretty weary of vinyl record speculation and discogs pricing, told him I'm just a lowly listener and he said we're all probably better off that way.

(^ I've only really pictured him as grizzled 70's storyteller so it was wild to see baby-faced 1960's mode up there-- like they were trying to market him as a fourth Kingston Trio member :lol: )
Image ★ nothing! ★
malyzar
FC-ID: CAP-EH

Ha, was just listening to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald because a friend up here cited it as his favorite song.
Fruitality
FC-ID: FMC-NMJ

breakfastcowl wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 01:25 Was looking over production info for that "PonPonPon" viral hit from about 12 years ago and started down a rabbit hole with its producer Yasutaka Nakata; specifically his works under the CAPSULE moniker. Albums like Cutie Cinema Replay and S.F. Sound Furniture all tie into that whole Katamari Damacy/Jet Set moment in time real nicely

This is super fun! Love this. It may also send me down a rabbit hole.
breakfastcowl

Today it is chip metal group MASTER BOOT RECORD

They have got their aesthetic nailed down!

lol and check out their tour date formatting:
F7rexYtbsAAQDMN.png
F7rexYtbsAAQDMN.png (204.86 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
Image ★ nothing! ★
andrewelmore
FC-ID: KON-RC821
Pronouns: he/him/his

unrelated to basically anything but i can't stop studying shinji hosoe's composition and production work
breakfastcowl

andrewelmore wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 09:37 unrelated to basically anything but i can't stop studying shinji hosoe's composition and production work
Any particular tracks/games at the forefront for you right now, or just stewing in all of it?
Image ★ nothing! ★
Fruitality

Through the last couple of months I really got into some recent Aussie Rock / Punk / Alt, so it's time I posted some recs in here in case you're in the mood!

Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers (Canberra)

Incredible energy from these women. Saw them live in October. Great show!

Check out their album I Love You and EP Girl Sports

---

VOIID (Brisbane)

Check out their album Watering Dead Flowers and EPs Pussy Orientated and Socioanomaly

---

Bean Magazine (Brisbane)

Check out their self-titled EP Bean Magazine

---

Full Flower Moon Band (Brisbane)

Check out their EP Death or Hell and album Diesel Forever

---

Gut Health (Melbourne)

Check out their EP Electric Party Chrome Girl

---

Polaris (Sydney)

This is a bit heavier than what I usually listen to, but I came across these guys when I was trying to find music similar to the Doom (2016) OST, and Polaris release instrumental versions of their albums which are great!

Check out their album The Death of Me (Instrumental) - or non-instrumental if you enjoy metal singing/growling.

---

And just to wrap us up, a couple of Brisbane classics who you may already know of but are of a similar attitude than the bands above:

Violent Soho (Brisbane)

Check out their album Hungry Ghost

---

Dune Rats (Brisbane)

Check our their album The Kids Will Know It's Bullshit

Anyway hope you enjoy some of these!
Fruitality

Double posting because I forgot to include this absolute banger that probably deserves a post of it's own anyway:

Square Tugs (Brisbane)
breakfastcowl

Loudmouth's stuff from Starsiege has been rooting around in my skull for 25 years

Image ★ nothing! ★
andrewelmore
FC-ID: KON-RC821
Pronouns: he/him/his

breakfastcowl wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 11:02 Loudmouth's stuff from Starsiege has been rooting around in my skull for 25 years

Thank you for reminding me of this. I loooooooved that game so much. Still have the big box lol. Been trying to revive a new Win98SE install to get it running, since it keeps crashing on my XP machines lol.