Now Playing - Music

Chat about video games, graphic design, whatever!
breakfastcowl
FC-ID: HAL-AI
Pronouns: He/Him

@andrewelmore Amazing stuff. That and Tribes were such a formative moment for me with online play. It's wild, I just had the notion to check Wayback Machine for old clan stuff I was involved with back then and sure enough some snapshots have survived. My group was the "9th Imperial Legion" (woof) and I thought it was so cool how someone had edited skinpacks to update the Herc's with the emblem, and role-play, pilot backstories, all that was encouraged. Wrote fanfic about this stuff, lmao. "Birds of Prey", "Rat Pack" and "Men In Black" were other clan names I remember, sometimes we would schedule match ups. I think there was an ongoing war narrative whereby clans would gain or lose ground on planets via "plot important" skirmishes.

Fucking hell, I am checking the news updates on the old 9th site and one of the admins, handle "JesusFreak", is leaving to join the Air Force a month after 9/11.
Image ★ nothing! ★

Tags:
breakfastcowl

Oh shoot just had another sudden memory, not Starsiege-related. My friends at the time and I did make our own pop-up clan, of sorts; "Confused n00b Society". Prefaced our handles with -=[CNS]=- for distinction, lol, and it was just something we applied for any number of games we happened to play together, no website presence or anything, very not serious.
Image ★ nothing! ★
breakfastcowl

God I love college radio stations. Some kid is having a blast today and broadcasting these back to back to the whole county

Image ★ nothing! ★
GhostSnacks
FC-ID: TCC-1D